These should be followed carefully as they can extend the life of the bed.
The benefits conferred by this Warranty are in addition to all other rights and remedies in respect of the product which the Purchaser has under India law.
THE NEED TO REGISTER:
To obtain the benefit of this Warranty, complete the online WARRANTY REGISTRATION CARD within fourteen days of purchase.
ORIGINAL PURCHASER ONLY:
Sealy warranty ensures only to the benefit of the original purchaser (“the purchaser”) of the product.
WITHIN THE FIRST TWO YEARS OF PURCHASE:
Sealy will repair (or replace at Sealy’s option) without charge to the original purchaser, any manufacturing fault specified herein.
AFTER THE FIRST TWO YEARS OF PURCHASE:
Sealy will repair (or replace at Sealy’s option) the Sealy mattress or foundation with a manfacturing fault as specified herein at a charge of 10% of the prevailing list price multiplied by the total number of years owned.
All Transportation charges for warranty service will be met by the purchaser during the 10 year warranty period.
AVAILABILITY OF IDENTICAL MATERIALS:
If identical materials are not available at the time of repair or replacement, Sealy reserves the Manfacturer’s right to substitute materials of equal quality. Identical fabrics cannot be guaranteed, however the closest available match will always be attempted.
THE WARRANTY COVERS:
This Warranty covers the following specific manufacturing faults under conditions of normal wear.
- Coils or wires that are loose or broken.
- Coils or wires that protrude or tear through any fabric.
- Splitting occurring in the wood frame
- Loose or broken foundation wire.
- Compression of modules.
- Leg and/or glide failure.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
- Cover (including stains, soiling or burns).
- Normal body indentations less than 10% of the mattress height.
- Handles (where fitted) – these should be used only to position the mattress and should not be used to support the full weight of the mattress.
- Border wires, which run along the perimeter of the mattress and foundation, bent due to moving or folding the sleep set.
- Bedding sold “as is”.
- Bed Height.
- Comfort Preference.
- Sheet fit.
- Replacement of another piece of the sleep set unless that other piece is also defective.
- Damage due to abuse.
- Mattress damage due to an inappropriate foundation.
- Product shipped outside India.
FOR THE SAFETY:
- Don’t ever place this product near open flames or expose it to fire.
- This mattress is not flame proof or fire proof and can ignite or burn if exposed to open flame or fire. When ignited, some bedding materials can burn rapidly and emit smoke and hazardous gases.
- Don’t smoke in bed.
THE FOLLOWING CARE PROGRAMME PROTECTS YOUR SEALY INVESTMENT.
Things to do (and not do) when setting up your Sealy for the first time.
- Always carry your mattress on its side.
- Handles (where fixed) are only for positioning the mattress and not for lifting or carrying.
- Don’t fold your mattresses under any circumstances. It will damage the edge support wire. Gently flex the mattress when going through doorways.
- Don’t remove LAW tag located at the end of your mattress. This contains care and content details vital to your Warranty.
- Don’t allow anyone to jump on your mattress, abuse is not covered by this Warranty.
- Dispose of plastic bags immediately (These bags are polyethylene and are recyclable).
- Make sure children never use these bags as playthings. The bags have no air vents and could cause suffocation.
FOLLOW THESE LEG & GLIDE ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE FOUNDATION
- Turn Foundation or base of bed upside down, insert Spindle into hole and turn clockwise. Repeat for all legs.
- Tighten by hand until legs are firmly in place.
- Turn Foundation back over and re-tighten legs as tightly as possible, by hand. Check and re-tighten where necessary every three months.
Important: It is the purchaser’s responsibility to tighten the legs and glides to ensure that the bed is set up as intended. The warranty is voided if this is not performed as recommended.
- Keep your mattress clean, a mattress protector is advisable.
- Keep your mattress dry You should protect it from water and other fluids, A waterproof sheet or fitted waterproof cover under the mattress protector may be useful for children’s beds.
- When purchasing a new mattress you should consider replacing your old foundation as well It may appear that your new mattress is sagging when the problem really lies with the old foundation providing inadequate support. For the better performance of your mattress, we strongly recommend the use of an appropriate Sealy MicroTek or Torsion Bar Foundation which has been especially designed to work with your mattress to deliver the correct support.
SLAT or PLATFORM BEDS
- When used on a hard unyielding platform or slats your mattress will not last as long as it would on its matching spring foundation.
- To ensure that the slats in your furniture provide safe support ensure that the solid timber slats are spaced so that the gaps between the slats are not wider than the width of the slats themselves. These slats should be fixed to the frame to prevent movement during use. For Queen and King size, the slats must be supported by an adequate centre rail.
- It is advisable to place a layer of fabric between the slats and the underside of the mattress so to protect against scuffing caused by the slats. All slats should be smooth with any sharp edges removed. Damage caused by the slats is not covered under this warranty
ONGOING SEALY CARE
Here are the things you need to do regularly, to care for your new Sealy.
- Dry cleaning chemicals can damage same of the construction materials. Refer to the care instructions on the law-tag which is sewn into the border of your mattress and base.
- Every three months you should check your bed’s legs and re-tighten if necessary.
EXTENDING THE COMFORT & SUPPORT LIFE OF YOUR NEW SLEEP SET.
Although it is not necessary to turn your new mattress to take advantage of the warranty, we recommend that you do so on a regular basis. This mattress has many layers of upholstery padding to increase its comfort life and support performance. Body indentations can be a normal occurrence to your new mattress and indicate that the upholstery layers are conforming to your body’s individual contours. To help minimize body impressions, and to add to your enjoyment with that ‘new bed feel’ year after year, turn your mattress occasionally throughout the life of your sleep set. For your convenience we’ve illustrated the best method.
How often to turn your mattress.
- Every two weeks in the first three months.
- Once every two or three months thereafter.
- The first turn should be a rotation of 180.
- The next time the mattress should be turned over. (Only for double sided mattresses)
- You should not attempt to turn the mattress by yourself.
- This may cause personal injury or damage to your mattress.
NB.: Handles (if fitted) should be used only to position the mattress, not to lift or carry the mattress.
TURNING INSTRUCTIONS FOR 2 PEOPLE
You should alternately rotate your mattress end to end and next time turn it over.
The First Turn is 180° rotation. (End to End)
- Grasp the mattress corners and spin the mattress clockwise, 180 and align it with the base.
- Your mattress has now been turned end to end.
The Second Turn is 180° turn (top side goes on the bottom) (Only for double sided mattresses)
- Grasp your mattress by the edge and position it onto its side. Turn it over so that what was the top side is now-facing the foundation. Align it with the base.
- Your mattress has now been turned upside down.
TURNING YOUR BED IS OPTIONAL. THIS WILL PROLONG THE SUPPORT AND COMFORT LIFE OF YOUR SEALY SLEEP SET.